Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Farmhouse Style Vignettes

Back last month, at the Chapel Market, where Marian...aka Miss Mustard Seed and I were both vendors, I did a lot of shopping with my longtime blogging friend. As we all know, Marian always has such wonderful items in her booths, so I just couldn't help myself when I arrived and saw all her pretties. Several of the things that I purchased from her, where things that have been on my wish list for quite some time. I have dying to get my new goodies displayed, so today, I made sure to do just that. When most of you are pulling out all your Christmas pretties, I'm playing house with some new farmhouse style décor. I have made a promise to myself this year and I sure hope that I can keep it. The promise is, just because I have a ton of beautiful Christmas décor, that doesn't mean I need to use all of it. So, I hope to cut way back on my Christmas decorating this year and just enjoy the season with my family and friends. In the years past, I have spent way to much time decorating, when I should have been doing more important things. Have you started your Christmas decorating? I am waiting to after Thanksgiving to do mine.
                                                             Blessings,
                                                                Linda

                                                       Farmhouse Style!!!

                                   This square ironstone bowl came from Marian,
                                   but the ironstone pitcher came from my dear
                                   friend Mary from Urban Farmgirl. If you don't
                                   already know Mary...then click here and check
                                   out her amazing shop in Rockford, IL. A trip to
                                                  her shop is on my bucket list.

                                           This cute little mason jar has been around
                                                            for a few years.

                                      The black vintage luggage was recently found
                                               at an out of town flea market and the
                                           doorknobs and platter came from Marian.

                                         I have been looking for one of these for
                                         about two years, and when I spotted this
                                         one, I knew it would be coming home with
                                                                     me.

                                           I should have taken a side view, so
                                           you could see that it's a pretty shade
                                                                of blue.

                                             Still lovin' my faux boxwood wreath.
                                                       Faux isn't so bad after all.

                                        I can see some of my vintage Shiny Brite
                                        ornaments will replace the silverware for
                                                           a few weeks.
         


Any ideas on what I should put
here during the holidays?
 
                                            I recently found this pretty ironstone bowl
                                                         at a local flea market.


                                                 Another item was added to this
                                                 farmhouse vignette today, do
                                                   you know what's new here?

                                           If your guess was this piece, then you
                                                            are, right on!!!

Isn't she a real beauty?
 
Now, the next time you see these vignette,
it just might look a tad different
       Pin It
I'd love for you to stay connected with Coastal Charm...so come on over and join me there!!!
 photo sifacebook_zps613f8abb.png photo sipinterest_zpsb48cb7f3.png photo siinstagram_zpsd860b130.png photo sirss_zpsdcc3111c.png
 photo sibloglovin_zps9b4854fc.png photo siemail_zpsc310a359.png
Linking up here...
Vintage Inspiration Party
Centerpiece Wednesday
Tweak It Tuesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
MET Monday
Amaze Me Monday

26 comments:

Lisa @ 2Perfection Decor said...

Great displays and ideas.

sandrynka said...

so beauty!!!
ps. kisses from Poland:*

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful. It all looks amazing.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So many pretties, love the farmhouse theme. Me too, going to keep Christmas decorating simple this year!
Blessings,
Cindy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You got some great pieces, Linda. I'm with you - you don't have to use every Christmas decoration you have. I decided that last year I was going to keep it more simple so I could enjoy the days rather than spend them decorating. It was much less stressful!

The Tuscan Home said...

Lovely vignettes, as always! :)
Happy Decorating! ~Liz

Unknown said...

So cute! I totally agree about the holiday decorating! I have friends who have already started. Sadly, by the time the REAL Christmas season is here they are tired of it and take it down the day after Christmas. I always want to scream "BUT CHRISTMAS ISN'T OVER YET, IT JUST STARTED!" I refuse to do it before Thanksgiving, and won't do it for clients either. Happy Thanksgiving Linda, maybe we can get together soon!

Peace,
Debbie@FlowerChildDesigns

White Lace and Promises said...

I love the scale and all your farmhouse touches. The chalkboard is perfect right where it is.

Donna Wilkes said...

I would continue to enjoy the farmhouse decor - it is a classic. Just add a few touches of greenery and vintage Christmas. You styled everything so beautifully.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Everything is looking wonderful!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I'm drooling over here! Love everything about your farmhouse vignettes. Love your scale and I think some pretty vintage Christmas ornaments would be perfect for the holidays. Thanks Linda for sharing at VIP.

Judy Pimperl said...

It's all perfect, Linda! I LOVE the hanging scale, and it will be pretty with anything you put in it.
I'm beginning to think I need to scale back my Christmas decorating too...I have such high expectations and it's wearing me out! I was trying to have everything ready to throw up the minute the turkey dinner was finished...I think I'm just going to slow down a bit and enjoy the turkey, being thankful and having family around.
Thanks for sharing your creativity today, and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
Judy

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

You have a great eye and a great sense for décor! Wish I had a market to attend like the one you were in. Must work on that for Central PA!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Great finds and pretty displays Linda! Love that scale and that pretty wooden piece over your chalkboard!

CoziNest Antiques & Decor said...

If you scale comes up missing, don't look in my kitchen.

Leslie said...

Beautiful!!! I have a scale just like that hanging in my kitchen. I found it on ebay years ago and I knew that I had to have it!!!

Tea in the Library said...

Your displays look great. The scale is awesome.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Beautiful is the word!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Teresa P said...

Everything looks beautiful Linda. I love the fall farmhouse décor but I must admit I getting antsy to start on my Christmas décorating but we re-strain myself until after Thanksgiving.

I was hoping to see one of your chicken feeders decorated for fall. I am loving mine that I bought from you in TN. I have it filled with white pumpkins, antlers and pinecones. I will switch out the pumpkins after Thanksgiving.

BTW>>>>>Do you have any large ones left with the feet?? My Mother fell in love in mine and I would like to get her one for a Christmas gift.

Anonymous said...

I love some of your decor, especially any ironstone and your farmhouse decor style. Similar to mine and we all seem to love some of the vintage items. But I think my favorite this time is ....the hanging scale! I have been looking and looking for one and no luck yet. Like you, I am going to try and be selective on my Christmas decor and mix with my vintage items. I won't start until Black Friday. As much as I love Christmas, I just can't bring myself to decorate before Thanksgiving is over! That is how I was brought up !
GADawn57

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Linda, what finds! I love them all. My sis brought a scale like that up to sale last year at my vintage yard sale. It was so rusty that you couldn't read the numbers, but I loved it. I was going to buy it, but a friend wanted it so bad that I caved and let her. I can see it filled with so many things for Christmas. You mention shiny brites, which would be fabulous! I could also see pinecones, faux snowballs or just a big load of fun candy like hard tack. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

must love junk said...

Linda, you scored some fantastic treasures, and your vignettes look great! And I love that chalkboard! :)
Susan

Cristina Garay said...

So many beautiful finds! Love your styling!

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Wow! Beautiful vignettes, especially the vintage luggage vignette! Love that vintage scale! You have done a wonderful job adding farmhouse style...love it!Happy Thanksgiving!~hugs, Poppy

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, You found some wonderful things, especially that fabulous scale. I just bought a picnic basket like the one in your bottom picture.
xx,
Sherry

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Linda, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week. Loved all of your farmhouse vignettes!
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts with Thumbnails