Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kitchen Remodel...Part 1

It's really going to happen...I'm getting new granite counter tops tomorrow morning...yippee!!!! I have been dreaming of new counter tops for years and tomorrow my dream will come true. My counter tops are 23 years old...oh my...way too old! I would have gotten some new ones earlier but we were planning on selling this house and move full time to our house at the beach...plans changed...we sold the house at the beach and now we are living here full time...so new counter tops it is! My sweet sweet hubby has been removing the old counter tops and doing a wonderful job...I might say...we decided to lower the bar to cabinet height to give us more counter space and open up the kitchen a little more...I can't believe how much open it now looks...we both love it. Tomorrow I will have new granite counter tops...new sink...new faucet (I really splurged on this...can't wait to see it in place) so I hope with all my excitement that I will be able to sleep tonight...I probably will have a dream that we are all finished with the entire project...one can dream...can't they? Saturday the paint brushes and rollers come out...painting here we come! We will be painting the kitchen and upper walls in the morning room chocolate brown...anybody have a great chocolate brown color you want to share?...lower half in the morning room will be white beadboard. I sure hope we don't get too busy with the kitchen and forget to watch our big game Saturday night...us forget...not a chance...Go Tigers GO!!!!











13 comments:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to see the final product!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You are going to love those granite tops.
I know I love mine!

Angie said...

I would be sooooooo excited too! The granite countertops are going to be awesome and I can't wait to see the brown and the white beadboard. You are going to make me want to do that too! We have white beadboard and a caramel color in our bathroom and I love it. In the future I may do it in other parts of the house. Good luck with all the work!

Jane said...

I'm so excited for you! I know you'll post after pictures and I'm looking forward to seeing the gorgeous granite!
Jane

deb said...

Yippee!! The chocolate & white will look so striking! Can't wait to see it!
*hugs*deb

marmielu said...

Oh, how exciting!!! I hope all goes well, and we get some after pictures soon. Have a GREAT weekend!!
Mary Lou

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

Your remodel sounds exciting! If you could email me exactly what the html code looks like in your layout gadget box I may be able to help get rid of the extra items. a_heart4home (at) yahoo (dot) com

rebekahweckerly@gmail.com said...

Oh wow, Linda!! I am sooo excited for you getting new counter tops!!! I can not wait to see what it all looks like when you are finished!! :)

Alisa D said...

That is SO exciting!! I love seeing a new project come to fruition (and most of all seeing it completed :)). I hope you'll post the after photos. Best of luck tomorrow with your painting!!

Rebecca said...

I am so glad for you! I can't wait to see the finished kitchen...
Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings
Rebecca

susan said...

I just "stumbled" here and am glad I am getting to see your remodel. I know you will love the new counter tops--it's going to a mess, but worth it!

Janna said...

I can't wait to see it when it's done! I love chocolate brown and white together.

Jenni said...

Oh, I am SO excited for you! :) You will be so happy with your new kitchen! New countertops with a new sink and faucet have a way of transforming a kitchen! And bead board is always beautiful! (Although as the main bead board installer in our kitchen right now, I will be very glad to finish with it!) I love how you lowered the counter to the level of your stove, it looks wonderful! I can't wait to see how it looks when you are finished with it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails